19.10.11

Weigh In Wednesday wk 5

Newpiccys 002
Non post related pic - just a pretty flower ;)


 


No lose no gain this week. I cant say I am surprised. After 5 weeks of denial I am finding this week tough and I have fallen off the food wagon twice already (I wont tell you what, so that A. you wont judge me and B. I wont encourage other weight watchers to think about naughty food).


I/we are not only cutting out 'unhealthy food' such as saturated fat, sugar and cola (sob, I miss my cola), but we have switched to organic wholefood. The first week we were vegetarian and last week we had red meat once. I will never give up meat completely because frankly I like it, and also I think there are good nutrients in low fat cuts of organic meat. The price really puts me off though, so its not only for health reasons that organic steak, or an organic chicken only makes a star appearance as opposed to being a regular feature.  I think our favorite meal this week has been organic chickpea burgers crumbled into home-made wholewheat wraps, with carrot and honey filling and homemade tomato salsa. Very tasty, but I have to admit, maximum effort at the end of a tiring day. Homemade pizza is still the quick fix healthy food here, which makes us feel we are not being totally deprived. I have been using wholewheat flour for everything, but I actually prefer it, which is lucky. Our usual topping is tuna (tomato puree and onion and mozzarella base), but sometimes we just have organic cheese.  So, no carbonated drinks, no alcohol, no sweet treats and no big fat shop bought lamb pathia with garlic naan. How long can I last?


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment