27.10.11

Anti-Weigh In Wednesday (on Thursday)

Newpiccys 028


 


I think I mentioned a few times before, that I cook from scratch most every evening. I am careful to emit salt and sugar unless absolutely necessary and we have meals full of vegetables. All of this still applies. I have decided, as discussed HERE to give up on the food restriction and be a bit more relaxed with my eating. It was with some surprise that when I stepped onto the scales this week, I found I had lost 1.5lbs. More than any other week whilst 'cutting back'. Interesting no? I even had a celebratory Baileys and Ice (which was on sale at the Metro store £12 from £19.79), after my drawing class.


I dont know what it means, but I suspect I have been out and about a bit more this week and I have been much happier, not thinking about food 90% of the time. Although I was far from being hungry, I was finding it difficult to put aside the cravings for the food I was denying myself.  I guess its true that a little of what you fancy does you good.


The picture is of our lovely Spooky - Cheese and Apple Scones, they do not contain any sugar and a minimum of butter, so a fairly healthy.


Recipe


Makes about 12


225g self raising-flour


pinch salt and pepper


50g butter or low fat spread


60ml milk


50g cheddar cheese, grated


3 apples, peeled and grated


 


Method



  1. Sift the flour and seasoning into a large bowl

  2. Mix the cheese and apple together on a plate

  3. Add the butter in small pieces to the flour, rub together with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, make a well in the centre

  4. Add the milk cheese and apple and mix until you have a soft dough

  5. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead for 1 minute, then press out until 1 inch thickness, use your cookie cutter (or upturned glass etc) to cut out desired shapes

  6. Place the scones on a greased baking tray about 1 inch apart, glaze with a little milk, bake on Gas 7, 220c for about 10 minutes until golden.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment