5.10.11

Weigh In Wednesday wk 3

Well, no loss at all this week, but as every woman knows there are some times in the month when your weight goes up, and this is one of those times for me. I will try not to stress too much about it, and wait and see what next week brings. Naturally there is only one thing on my mind right now, and that's chocolate (yes I know, what a cliche). So at the tail end yesterday afternoon when Oscar climbed onto the sofa with his 'sookie' blanket and my energy levels had dipped I dragged him off to the kitchen to make chocolate cake.


 


Newpiccys 063


 


I used Nigella's basic sponge mix with a few tweaks to make it less fattening.


 


Victoria Sponge (with coco)


Domestic Goddess page 14


Ingred :


225g unsalted butter - I used 150g flora extra light


225g caster sugar - I used 100g half spoon sugar


1tsp vanilla extract


4 eggs - I used 3 eggs


200g self raising flour - I used 180g flor and 4 tblsp fair trade coco powder


25g cornflour


1tsp baking powder


3 - 4 tblsp milk - I used skimmed


 


For The Filling :


Nigella uses jam or fresh berries and double cream. Fresh berries would be ok fat wise but not with cream, so we used a drizzle of honey between the sponges. Not exactly healthy because of the sugar content, but at least it was pure and organic.


The great thing about this recipe is, everything gets thrown into the blender, so Oscar can participate properly by tipping each item in and turning it on (and off, and on, and off, and on again.......). Divide into 2 greased lined cake tins and cook at 180 for 20 minutes.


Sometimes you need to give in to your impules otherwise life would be so dull.


Valerie


xxx


 


Footer_banner


 



No comments:

Post a Comment