20.8.14

Yarn Along - Back To School





Knitting




This is a school hat for Oscar knitted in an inexpensive wool and acrylic blend because lets be honest, it will probably get lost or trampled on at school. The pattern is The Snappy Hat pattern, possibly the easiest cable knit hat pattern ever invented. Oscar's started school today, but I am hoping he won't be needing a woolly hat for a few weeks at least. His school colours are red and grey (see tomorrows post for cutest school pictures ever), hence the colours of wool. I should have enough for a scarf and mittens, as requested by the boy himself.


Reading




Ok, so a lot of this is not exactly compatible with my Christian Faith, however, I believe Ms Moran is right when she says most of us are feminists taking advantage of the basic rights we have, which were hard won by previous generations. Despite the bedroom talk and frequent swear words, I can't help but like a lot of what she has to say. If you want to get the tone of the book, I would recommend this video first.





*** UPDATE ***
Reading further in to this book, I have decided I don't really like it.
I feel that although some of the issues of basic feminist principles are good, the book is written in such a way to simply sell. £££
I would avoid this if you are a practising Christian.(like myself)


Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along

6 comments:

  1. Love that hat, nice happy colors- I'm inspired to knit this pattern for my boy too. Good Idea with the yarn- my kids always misplace or lose the knits- clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this hat pattern I have made it several times, its so easy. xxx

      Delete
  2. Good idea to use child friendly yarn that you are not going to get upset over if he loses. The hat is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many hats and mitts get lost in a lifetime I wonder lol. V xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh I do hope your son doesn't lose his nice hat his mum is knitting him. Thanks for book recommendation I've added it to my goodreads, want to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is good but a bit of a curve ball as far a feminist non-fiction goes. V xxx

      Delete