13.8.14

Yarn Along, Art Journal, And Granny Blanket



Crochet



I am still making a big monochrome blanket for our winter bed. I chose black and white because I 99% have white bedding and the headboard is black velvet. you can't see it from the picture, but the white is sparkly ( 3 for £2 from Poundland). I am going to love this blanket. I have a blue and green one in the lounge and I love that. I want to make this as big as possible, I can see me adding rows to it whilst in bed snuggled beneath it, sipping hot chocolate and watching TV, on the long winter nights.


Reading




This book is great, the sketches alone make it worthwhile, but it is really geared to motivate and push you into actually working. I have been working in my sketchbook every day since it arrived, so I can say it is living up to its promise.







It looks like I may have some illustration projects coming up, so I really needed to give myself a push. Oscar has been joining in with me, and I cant tell you how awesome that feels, to sketch together.




Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along



DON'T FORGET TO ENTER LAST MONDAY'S GIVEAWAY
HERE ON MY BLOG
XxX

8 comments:

  1. The blanket looks wonderful. I never would have thought of black and white for a granny square. What an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and white is very popular for blankets and rugs right now, luckily it works well for my room too. The book is great :)

      Delete
  2. That sketchbook looks awesome! I need to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only just started with it, its brilliant xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the black and white look for a granny square, it looks a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its going to be a great blanket when its done. xxx

      Delete
  4. That is a great blanket. You are going to love snuggling under it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am looking forward to working on it, whilst using it to keep warm lol. xxx

      Delete