23.3.14

▲ Love The Little Things ▲


butwhymummywhy

Read

I have, (as usual) quite a few books with bookmarks in them right now. 
I am mostly reading non-fiction, 
but this little bodice ripper sneaked in to my Amazon Basket


I am only a little way in, but there seems to be a fairly high 'rudey nudey' content 
so maybe for someone who is SAINTLY like myself, 
I may need to make the decision to put it down for good. 
I think I have read Elizabeth Chadwick before, 
but I don't remember so many sexual references, 
perhaps I read it before I joined the church and now my perspective has changed 
(and not the writing).

Watched

We have started watching the TV show The Bridge. 
It has been quite gruesome, 
but the relationship between the 2 leading characters is quite amusing, (surprisingly). 
Duncan was overly impressed by the credits 
(from a geeky digital artist point of view, which he is). 
But again, I have had to ask myself if show's violence and nudity are conducive to me (although being subtitled it has a distinct lack of inappropriate language, 
which they obviously do not translate to text, so that's a bonus).   






Wore



A floral dress (hand made by me yesterday), 
and navy leggings, to church today. 
I think perhaps I was being overly optimistic in wearing a cotton floral fabric, 
because although the sun was indeed shining, 
it was totally f f f f f f f f f freezing.

Heard

This >




Because it is going to be the opening number in the production Oscar's drama group 
(Stage Academy), are putting on. 
I have heard it lots and lots and lots and lots, 
and I will hear it many many many more times yet 
(luckily, it is a happy song).

Made


Not made, by me, but made by my darling husband. 
This recipe was actually in a book I have been reading about Jesus, 
and is actually a traditional Jewish recipe (made with the usual ingredients plus eggs and honey). 
This bread was so popular with one of our dinner guests last night, 
 he ate about 1/3 of a loaf himself, 
and took some home with him when he left. 

and lastly..

I have been watching THE GREAT BRITISH SEWING BEE and really enjoying it. 
I am sorry I didn't watch series one now. 
It has inspired me to move on past elasticated skirts (for me) and elasticated trousers (for Oscar), and with the help of a brilliant friend, 
I am making a summer dress, FROM A PATTERN with an actual zip and everything. 
If I conveniently don't mention it ever again, 
you will know it didn't work out ;-)


Joining with MORGANA for 'Love The Little Things'

I hope you are enjoying the little things too
Hugs
Valerie



No comments:

Post a Comment