20.2.13

Simple

I have noticed a trend lately where people are always boasting about being too busy. I understand that life is busy these days, and especially so for parents who both work (outside or inside the home), but I wonder why it has turned into a competition? I see it on TV, on social media websites, in emails and even on the bus. It has turned into a major competitive sport, and sometimes I get the impression that people want you to be grateful they have even take 30 seconds out of their busy busy busy scheduled to nod to you in the street. Bothering me more is seeing children being literally dragged up the street to school/nursery, their mothers having a firm grip on their forearm and their little feet hardly touching the ground. I expect that says as much about the lack of flexibility with employers as it does about frazzled out parents? Anyway, I hope these busy busy people find time to relax a little and enjoy life, because it is inevitably the simple things which give us most pleasure.

sour dough bread plain scones




pukka love tea spelt flour




Valerie
xxx

2 comments:

  1. It must be different here as there's never any rush. The mothers on the school run are still chatting outside the local school after 10am.
    I can be ages in town when I only plan to pop down on a mission as inevitably somebody seems to want to engage me in conversation. Maybe the black Country really is the land that time forgot!
    That loaf looks fantastic and you've inspired me to make some cheese scones, my favourite! I can't get Pukka tea any more since Holland and Barrett stopped stocking it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would fit right in to the Black Country and Duncan definitely would lol The nursery head teacher said to me 'Oh a Mum, we dont get many mum's its mostly childminders these days, which may explain it?
      The tea was from Holland and Barrett, maybe you should ask them to stock it in your local branch ? lol
      V
      xxx

      Delete