16.7.14

this moment.

Duncan sent me a text this afternoon that simply said "Love you so". It made me smile, it never gets old. Today I replied, "Really? Even if I stay in my nightie and cardigan all day, and ask for take-out for dinner?" I waited for his reply. "All the more because of it", he said.
So that's what I'll do. I am not ill, just tired. Do we all have days when we just want to lie on the bed and read blogs, and watch You Tube and maybe pick up a bit of (the most amazing shade of purple), crocheting?
I don't want to cook, so we will do what we usually do when I don't want to cook, and Duncan will call in to 'Khans' once he gets off the evening train.  I nearly always feel guilty when we do this, but I go along with it anyway.

From my spot on the bed I can hear Oscar playing with the puppy. Right now that consists of Oscar running at her, the puppy jumping up at him, a scream a bark and they both run like wild things. I really cant wait to take her for walks, although I doubt that would be conducive to nightie days.

Its raining outside, of course, even though it is mid July, but its warm and humid and its quite nice to have all the windows open and listen to the rain.

The cats are watching the rain, they are more fond of window ledge spots then ever because they have figured out that the puppy can't reach them there.

I wouldn't mind a cup of tea, but there is no chocolate in the house except Oscar's and I doubt I could sneak it past him without him noticing. That would make the banana and honey snack I gave him seem rather unfair. Tea without chocolate can seem all wrong on days like today.

Sometimes it is good to document a 'down' day, it means that in a few weeks or a few months when I feel like this again I can look at this post and say, "Well, no floors we mopped, no laundry was folded, no dinner was cooked, no shopping was done, no beds were made, and yet we all survived well enough, so no need to feel guilty any more".


dinner kebab food

No comments:

Post a Comment