11.3.13

A Mixed Bag

Mother's Day seems to be a notoriously emotional day for me. Last year I was pregnant, but bleeding, and desperately hoping to keep hold of my baby, which was sadly not to be. This year was no where nearly as traumatic, but there were several accidents to contend with (a split gum, a tumble down the stairs, another tumble down the outside steps and a hand slammed in a car door).
We didn't stay home this year (we usually do), and opted instead to go into the city to a vintage fair Gin In Teacups. I behaved very out of character and did not buy much, but I have to say, I was fairly impressed with the pricing, because as soon as you put the words 'vintage' 'craft' and 'fair' together you normally see the cost of things shoot up, and this definitely wasn't the case.

Oscar, still being the little Goth Baby of old, spotted a girl on a stall with purple hair, face piercings and a cat ears headband, and I think it was love at first sight (or at the very least, envy at first sight). Her design business is called Zombie Pussy, and  we all loved her work. The only thing suitable for Oscar was a badge, which I cant show you because he is off at nursery with it proudly displayed on his coat, but I bought a T-shirt for my daughter and a shopping bag for myself, which I can show you.


11th march 2013
Zombie Pussy £12



11th march 2013
Zombie Pussy £10

You can find out more about Zombie Pussy from their Facebook page HERE


11th march 2013


And talking about a mixed bag, I then went in to New Look and managed to pick up a lovely dress for £10 in the sale.


11th march 2013
New Look Inspire £10 in the sale


I have been looking at polka dot dresses on Ebay for quite a while, so when I spotted (no pun intended) this one on the sale rail, in my size I snatched it up before anyone else could get it. I also picked up some cute lip balm for £1 which seemed for some reason to go with the dress (which is odd).


11th march 2013
Primark £1

If I had been planning to wear my new dress today though, I would have been in for a disappointment, because after a week of relatively spring like weather, we got this ..........


11th march 2013



11th march 2013


11th march 2013

While it is true that Oscar's little eyes were wide and twinkling when he saw the snowfall over night, I am kind of done with winter now, and would like some warm spring days please. Thanks

Valerie
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love what you bought, what a fab design and price that Zombie Pussy top was! Your new dress is gorgeous, let's see it on when spring finally arrives! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please let it be soon lol. The Zombie Pussy stuff was pretty cool :)
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete