14.9.11

Weigh In Wednesday

Newpiccys 161


 


Following in the footsteps of many  respectable mummy bloggers, I give you.......... weigh in Wednesday.


Like I said HERE its time for some changes. Its all very well coasting along throughout the summer, a glass of wine here and cream cake there but the time has come to step up to the scales. Besides, while half the female population feel the need to weight watch in spring so they can 'Get That Bikini Body', I have come to realise I will NEVER get a bikini body. Yes, yes, never say never and all that, but lets face it, some of us are swim suit gals, and even then, its a sprint to the water and back, no? I am now thinking about cute party dresses and satin shoes, come December. I have my birthday and wedding anniversary in December, not to mention Christmas and New Year, so its a social phototastic time of year for me. I dont expect to achieve miracles in 3 months but even a few pounds will give my confidence a boost, and isnt it always the way that its more about confidence than what the scales actually say.


So week 0. If you saw the title and thought I would put my weight out there? Then you must be out of your tiny mind. Lets just say, if the Doctor was prepared to prescribe me weight loss medication, you can asume its more than a pound or two. Hopefully that will become more evident as the weeks go by and I do actually lose some weight.


I would also like to share any tips or recipes with you here on Wednesdays, so for this week I want to give you a recipe from


How to feed your whole family a healthy balanced diet, with very little money and hardly any time, even if you have a tiny kitchen, only 3 saucepans ( one with an ill-fitting lid), and no fancy gadgets - unless you count the garlic crusher.


By - Gill Holcombe - AMAZON LINK


Its a breakfast 'cake' recipe. If you are like me and not that good at breakfast this is an excellent idea.  It should be made the night before and makes quite a large quantity. I eat mine with no spread, but I slice it like bread for Oscar and put some honey on it.


Bran Loaf


1 Mug of All-Bran


1 mug of currants, mixed fruit, or sultanas


1 mug milk (I use semi skimmed and it turns out fine)


1 mug self raising flour


A half mug of caster sugar or brown sugar (I cut this down to a quarter, but try it yourself for sweetness, its not a sweet cake)


Method



  1. Put everything except the flour in a large bowl and leave the mixture to stand for about 1 hour.

  2. Grease and long-strip-line a standard size loaf tin and pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3 (160C)

  3. Sift the flour into the soggy mixture, stir it in well and pour the whole lot into the loaf tin, spreading evenly up to the sides.

  4. Bake in a cool oven for about an hour and a half, until a skewer or sharp knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.


-------------


Anything which can make me eat bran and (dried) fruit for breakfast and make it feel like cake has a thumbs up.


If I am making this I usually put the ingredients to soak into the bowl while I am making dinner. When dinner is made I pop it into the oven and let it cook whilst we have dinner, bath Oscar tidy up etc.


If you are motivated or inclined to join in with weigh in Wednesday, let me know in the comments so we can link up, and if you do start this week, GOOD LUCK.


P.S.


The image at the top came from this DIY project, you can buy the paint at most DIY stores for around £6


Newpiccys 157


The kitchen door, painted with chalkboard paint.


Valerie


xxx


 



No comments:

Post a Comment