20.9.11

Savings And Investment

Noddypedalcar So what type of mama are you? Are you an exclusive breast-feeder, co-sleeper, sling wearing, home schooler, eco, vegi, natural super-mum? If you are, I see your point, I know what you are striving for, I just cant walk that path. 


Two types of surgery on my breasts make/made it almost impossible for me to breastfeed, although I did try unsuccessfully with baby number 2.


We co-sleep with Oscar about 50/50 but its through necessity as much as choice, don't get me wrong though I do love my snuggles.


I have degenerative disc disease, which has meant wearing a sling was 100% out, although I have bought 2 just to try.


I find being at home all day very lonely and although I am dreading the day my baby leaves me for nursery full time (or school), deep down I know it will be good for both of us.


I try to limit the amount of chemicals we use (I make my own washing powder, window cleaner etc), but we are terrible at recycling rubbish, and I am a consumer (no point denying it).


I actually enjoy vegetarian cooking and we always have a few nights a week meat free, but I will probably never give up meat completely (unless they put a government health warning on it).


And a natural mama? no hair dye, no perfume, no synthetic clothes or furnishing, or no plastic or synthetic toys? Were you wondering why Noddy's Car is at the top of the page? I am saving up for THIS for Oscar's Christmas. Yes maybe I should be saving for him in other ways, and investing in his future without monetary value, but like I said I just cant walk that path. Do I feel guilty about it? Why else would this post even occur to me. The truth is though, I am doing my best, and I restrict the TV time, I limit the treats, I try and knit and sew him things with the best natural materials I can afford. I do shop 2nd hand if possible. I never give him ready meals, I cut out the salt and reduce the sugar. I give him all the love a child could ever need. I hope that by giving him myself, he might remember the Noddy Car he had as a child, but he will remember the love and attention he had more.


 


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment