1.9.14

Do You Have A Disability?



I had to fill out a form recently which asked the usual question, 'do you have a disability?' I hovered over the box for a long time because I never really know how to answer that question. Yes I kind of do, but also no, I do not have a government awarded benefit for a person with disabilities, which I think is what they usually mean, don't they?
I am bone tired today. I am not entirely sure why, but I can probably pin point the parts that make up the sum of it. I didn't sleep too well last night because I have RSL and it was driving me crazy last night, (fyi my Mum has it and so did my maternal Grandmother). I have taken a dose of codeine this morning on waking and my 2nd dose is due now, that makes me tired. I take codeine most days because I have SCIATICA and the Sciatica is caused by DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE. To make the leg and back problems just that bit worse, I also have POST THROMBOTIC SYNDROME, which is the result of a blood clot a few years back. I have also started a new medication for migraines which states, 'will cause drowsiness' on the pack. I am taking the migraine meds at night but they don't seem to help me sleep any better at night and I am still tired in the day.
So no, I don't have a registered disability, but most days I feel fairly debilitated.











http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-thrombotic_syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment