19.11.13

Bits And Bobs

46



On Thursday evening one of our cats, Alabama, started being sick (from both ends). On Friday evening the other cat Morticia started being sick.On Saturday evening Duncan started being sick. We had a break from the sickness and then last night I started feeling sick. I am still sick today and intend to stay in my PJ's all day and feel sorry for myself.

Other than that though, the weekend past was our STAKE CONFERENCE. I really enjoy the conferences in our church and this one was no exception. I was asked to say the closing prayer from the pulpit at the Saturday night session (to about 200 people), and I don't mind admitting I was more than a little nervous.
Naturally I prepared for it by praying hard and asking my Father In Heaven to guide me, oh!, and also by cutting and dying my own hair.


45




42

Well, luckily for me it wasn't too bad.

Meanwhile, Duncan and Oscar spent a lot of their weekend at the plot, tiding and mending and generally trying to baton down the hatches. They say snow is on its way, we shall see.


47




48


We have been talking about seeds for a few weeks now. Its exciting to be planning a garden again, especially since our tiny cottage garden didn't yield up anything this year.

Since moving around is making me feel pretty sick, I am taking this opportunity to lie still and knit up a present for a new baby and carry on with my Christmas gift hats. I may have to get on to a hat for Duncan now though, if the weather forecast is right, since he has went from long hair to short hair this month (even more drastic than my cut, pics later). I will keep you posted.

Keep Warm
Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment