28.1.13

REDIRECT

My day started at 5:00 am this morning, not a time I am completely on board with. Oscar eventually went back to sleep after a good hour of tears and whinging and issuing a long list of demands to his Mama and Papa. By 8:00 am he was in no mood to be wakened for nursery, but we managed to get him up, dressed and fed by 8:30 am (miraculously). My instincts at times like this are usually to leave him well alone and go back to sleep myself, and I justify it by telling myself we are free spirits and find it difficult to run to someone else's timetable. Sincerely, I believe this to be partly true, but I also know that for the most part I simply wish to avoid the hysteria of an over tired child being forced to go against his bodies wishes. I also realise that telling nursery school that we are free spirits who cant get in on time, does make me sound like a massively flaky mother, (which may or may not be true).
So off we went. My back pain was excruciatingly bad and for a moment I thought I may have to take up the supine position in the middle of the street. Somehow or other we made it along the main street and over the railway bridge to the school, and by the time we got there Oscar was fairly chipper (despite falling on the way and chafing a knee). I was dreading the walk home, and as I crossed the bridge my back pain was running the full length of my spine and legs and round into my hips. Then,on a complete impulse I decided to ignore my urge to get home as fast as possible, and instead of turning left into the main street home, I kept walking straight ahead until I reached the shore.


sea river ocean view


I keep an old fold up changing mat in my bag for such occasions, so I spread it out onto the bench, took my scarf off my neck and wrapped it around my head peasant style and just sat and enjoyed the view, and the air.

It really was quite beautiful this morning.


sea river ocean view



sea river ocean view


Maybe it was the distraction or maybe it was the little sit down on the bench, but my back pain eased off and it was possible for me to make it home to the cottage without each step causing excruciating pain.


sea river ocean view


When I got home, I headed straight for the kitchen and had a cup of tea and one of Duncan's home made croissants.


rose hip tea


I have to go back and collect Oscar soon, but considering how the day started, I would say its shaping up not too badly under the circumstances.

Valerie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment