6.12.11

Say Hello To Winter

1 004


We have snow on the hills here, but as yet, none in the city.  I have been feeling inspired by the beautiful view we have from the window, so I decided to make a little winter doll. You may or may not remember I made this doll for Oscar back in May?


Annie rose


Oscar named her Annie Rose after Alfie's baby sister in the Shirley Hughes Alfie books (fantastic by the way), and he loves her so. The pattern is simple to follow (although sewing up toys always takes eons), and I thought she would make a perfect present for my little 2 year old niece. So meet Annie Rose mark 2, who we have named Winter.


1 006


1 012


Winter's body and hair are made from 100% organic cotton, wool and her dress and headscarf are a wool and cashmere blend. Her insides are 100% natural sheep's wool (and FYI if you look for filler for pets beds, you can get it much cheaper than if you look for crafting filler). I am considering a faux fur cape and boots, I will see how it goes. What do you think?


And just because I love it, take a look at this view again.


1 001


---------------------------------------------------------


 


6
click to enlarge


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment