21.12.11

Cups And Carrots

Shopping in town yesterday was every bit the nightmare I expected it to be. The shops were not overly crowded but every till que was miles long. We also had an incident in the shopping centre with a drug addict who was stumbling along and actually fell into the pushchair on top of Oscar. Normally I would have taken a wide berth but it was too busy to move over before she was on us. I actually ripped a fingernail pushing her off. Oscar was absolutely fine and she was swept up by security a second later (they must have been on their way to get her already). No harm done I suppose but not the most pleasant of experiences.


I don't expect I have remembered half of the things I meant to buy, so I may have to take an Oscar free trip at the end of the week when Duncan has finished work.


In amongst all of the Christmas shopping we popped into the Health Store to pick up a few bits (juice for Oscar, tea for me, boullion and barley). I was overly happy to be presented with a free mug with my purchase. Silly I know, but it cheered me up no end. You don't get free things very often these days.


11 005


And talking of mugs/cups, I did indeed finish off the teacup candles. I think they turned out quite well.


11 001


11 002


11 004


Another shopping related thing happened yesterday too. We have finally found a farm which does a veg box delivery to the city. We had one last year but the farm closed down (Bee Organic). I was quite saddened by this, I really was, and I found it quite sad that there was obviously not much call for fresh local / organic produce delivery in this city. I have placed an order which will come on Christmas Eve, including a box of duck eggs. I have never tried duck eggs before so I am looking forward to trying them. On the website it also advertises quail eggs which are supplied by a young (boy) entrepreneur who keeps quails and supplies them to the farm shop. I thought that was adorable, I love to see or hear of children taking the initiative like that. Here is a link to the shop for locals Blairgowrie Farm Shop.


--------------------------------------------


21
click to enlarge


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment