12.11.14

Yarn Along - A Little Bit Creative

I have felt seriously depleted of creativity lately.
I assume this is because I have a restless mind (marriage breakup, giving away the pets, moving house, yep that will do it).
I know that I am a much happier person when I am creating something, 
and oh how I wish that I were one of those artists who take their pain and throw 
it into their work.
One very miserable looking portrait aside ( as seen HERE ), that does not really seem to be my way of working. A little easy crochet project was exactly what I needed to kick start me, and so I have been making crochet stars for the ladies in my church


The children think they look more like snowflakes, but never mind. Maybe they will stretch to a more pointed shape when blocked (maybe?). I have about 60 to make, but they only take minutes each so its easy enough.
I couldn't find the original pattern to link to, but I found THIS one, which I may switch to because they look a bit more pointy. The yarn is from POUNDLAND 3 for £2.


And on a further creative note, this is what I have been reading.



Watercolour portraits are my passion. After years of dithering around it has finally
resonated with me that this is what I want to be when I grow up. 
A painter (portrait, figure & life).
I am going to be running some classes locally, as well as actually putting my head down and working for myself, and this book has been so inspiring. 
AMAZON do a preview, but I myself can highly recommend it.

Joining in with GINNY for yarn along.

No comments:

Post a Comment