29.12.12

Sick Day

I still have a rotten chest infection which is making me very very tired and achy all over (not to mention the constant cough cough cough).  I decided to try and have a day in bed yesterday, but baring a 2 hour window mid afternoon it didnt really work out. When the whole family are at home someone or other cant seem to resist the urge to come in and ask me something/complain about something. I hear other Mama's saying they went to bed and left the family to get on with it, I would love to know how they manage it. I can only surmise that everyone else went out for the day and they had take-out food for dinner.

I did manage a few lines of knitting while I watched a DVD, but after that I fell asleep (for the 2 hours). I am not sure I feel any better for it today, but with a mountain of laundry to do, 2 day old crumbs under the coffee table and at least 3 arguments needing settled, it seems unlikely today will be a duvet day. Of course I can drag the duvet up to the sofa and accept that having a 3 year old sitting on top of me is all part and parcel of being sick when you are a Mama. I think I already knew that, and even though having little pointy elbows stuck into me is less than desirable, the gentle pat from a little chubby hand or  feeling a little cheek resting on mine almost make up for it (almost).



sick


sick

sick

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AT THE END OF EACH POST - I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

THANKS

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment