2.1.12

2011/12 - (Lots Of Pictures)

New Years Eve started with some deliveries, the last post parcel of 2011


14 018


Then came our fruit and veg box


14 019


Then came our groceries, which I didn't photograph because who wants to see my beans and loo roll right?


After we put everything away I decided to do some decanting. I had tried to make some nettle oil for my hair, which consisted of mixing a jar of nettles with some olive oil, and leaving it on the window sill for 1 lunar cycle.


14 021


Unfortunately I think my timings were way out and when I opened the jar I found it was pretty much mush and mould (it smelt really BAD), so I had to scrap it and move on.


Luckily, my blackberry vodka was much more successful. I am so glad because I made the removal men carry the jars VERY carefully when we moved house back in August, and I would hate to have been so bossy for nothing.


14 023


14 022


14 024


Duncan and I then got on with the cleaning and after the windows were washed we hung our tartan bunting (we are Scottish after all), and a little window star.


14 029
14 031


Duncan being silly while I was trying to take the photo's


14 026


And meanwhile, Oscar was having a bit of silliness himself.


 


Oscar In Mirror

In the evening we had dinner,


Photo 31-12-2011 17 40 26
What style that boy of mine has


Oscar went to bed afterwards and Duncan and I snuggled up and watched a movie. By the time the bells came we were almost ready for sleep. Oscar had decided to join us by then and here he is at 1 minute past midnight into the New Year.


Photo 01-01-2012 00 02 25


starting as he means to go on?


There were amazing storms outside during the night, but New Years day dawned bright and clear. We were out fairly early since it was Sunday, to attend the New Years Day family church service (which Oscar got bored at after the singing and dancing stopped). The sermon was mostly about having faith that the new year will bring you what you need (not necessarily what you want though lol), I certainly hope so. I also took communion for the first time in many many years.


Oscar enjoyed the walk, run, skip and jump (in puddles) on the way home.


2012-01-01 12.26.48


2012-01-01 12.38.42


2012-01-01 12.39.10


Photo 01-01-2012 12 43 04


Once we were home we had a relaxing afternoon, followed by a lovely (steak pie, its traditional here in Scotland), dinner, as the sun went down on the first day in the New Year.


14 033


14 034


This festive season has been a very relaxed and family orientated time for us and I can only hope (have faith), that it is a sign for the year to come.


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment