28.7.11

The Sofa Saga

Ok, so it would seem a bit stupid to buy a new sofa right before we move house (again!!!), but its an on-going tale. First of all, I cant even remember when, before Christmas anyway, I bought a 2nd hand leather sofa (love the 2nd hand shopping). It was advertised as black and in good condition. I was not available when the guy dropped it off so Duncan assumed I knew what I was doing and accepted it. When I got home I was pretty miffed. It was dark green and one arm was pretty collapsed in. It was a private sale, I didn't have the guys address, only his email address, and he ignored my email of complaint. The worst thing about it though, was the smell. I cant explain it, and Duncan has no sense of smell, so didn't know what I was wittering on about. Eventually I bought a brand new faux leather sofa from TJ Hughes (on sale) and got rid of the stinky green one. After 2 weeks I knew why it was on sale, it was SO uncomfortable. Eventually, after about 6 weeks I bought the current corner sofa we have.  This is a very badly designed corner sofa, and I would urge anyone looking at it to avoid it like the plague, as seen here. It has a sloping back behind the cushions which means the cushions on the seat are constantly pushed forward and become flat at the back with all the stuffing at the front on the cushions, making them overhang and become very uncomfortable to sit on.


So, before we moved here, I went to a really good second hand furniture dealer link for locals, and bought a lovely cream coloured fabric sofa. After a few false starts concerning delivery, they arrived on a wet Tuesday with the sofa. They managed to get it into the hallway, and that was that, it wouldn't go any further, (large sofa, small cottage type hallway). After a lot of 'talk' they took it away again and told me to come in and pick a smaller one or get a refund.  Before I took the 'hell' journey into the city to pick one, they phoned to say they had just noticed the arms came off for delivery. I was pretty happy, so again a delivery was arranged. I had to go out the day it came but I hadn't anticipated any problems. How wrong I was. Aimee took delivery this time, and informed me that when they tried to put it together they realised they had broken it taking it apart. AAAAArggggg. So the last couple of times I have been into the city I have looked in, but with no success, and eventually had to take the refund on offer, (all the sofa's at this time are minging).


Soooooooooo, last night I bought another sofa, online this time. Obviously I cant sit on it to try it, and having back problems DDD, I probably should, but it 'looks' comfy, has good reviews, and wasnt too expensive, which is a key factor here folks because lets be honest, the sofa fund is well and truly depleted.


 


156981_10150106344825746_586005745_7416872_4453121_n


 


156946_10150106345995746_586005745_7416899_2178343_n


 


Valerie


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment