12.6.14

in the summer time.

We have had all sorts of crazy weather this week. I have gotten a little sun tan on my arms (if you know me, you know that is a virtual impossibility), and I have had to sun screen Oscar for outdoor play at nursery. Despite all of that, it has also been cold and wet on the exact same days.
Last night Duncan and I moved the bedroom furniture around and when we were finished we both had to lie out on the bed with the oscillating fan on full blast.

I guess it is a boring old cliché to live in a country like Scotland and complain constantly about the cold and wet, but lets be honest, 95% of small talk here is dependant on the weather.

Oscar is off nursery with a cold today and is very busy playing Minecraft and I am plotting some knitting projects (on Ravelry) and perusing Ebay for yarn, so I don't think either of us are too fussed about the fluctuations in weather.

Horticulturally speaking, I think this freaky weather streak is exactly what the blooms were hoping for.



scotland rain



poppies summer




No comments:

Post a Comment