10.1.14

▲ YARN ALONG ▲



KNITTING

I have started a service project with my CHURCH which I have requested we work on, being a subject close to my heart. We are going to be knitting tiny clothing items for babies who are born too soon (either miscarriage or stillborn). The box of things  I received for our baby Ellie Rose really helped me, it made me think of all the women out there who must understand how I felt (and then went on to knit up little clothes to be sent anonymously to parents in need of them). I am knitting up some samples so that the Sisters can see what the clothing and blankets look like. My plan is to print out patterns for them and periodically throughout the year take the clothing to our local maternity unit (I have already spoken with them). I like the idea of helping local Mums and Dads. If anyone reading this is in the unfortunate position to need very small clothing for a baby they know will be born sleeping please send me a message as I am happy to send things out too.





This will be an 'Angel Pocket' which more or less look like these ones.


I can also supply anyone with patterns (pockets, wraps, hats, booties, blankets, gowns), please ask if it is something you would like to do (perhaps for your own area).

*



READING




Hideous Kinky by Esther Freud AMAZON LINK

A bit of an unlikely title for someone of my religious persuasion, but the title is explained fairly early on, and it has little to do with the meaning of the words. I am about half way through and quite enjoying this book. Its a little paperback novel and may be an afternoon read for someone quicker than me. Here is the blurb on it,

Two little girls are taken by their mother to Morocco on a 1960s pilgrimage of self-discovery. For Mum it is not just an escape from the grinding conventions of English life but a quest for personal fulfillment; her children, however, seek something more solid and stable a midst the shifting desert sands.

‘Just open the book and begin, and instantly you will be first of all charmed, then intrigued and finally moved by this fascinating story’ 

Joining in with GINNY and friends for Yarn Along


Valerie
xxx







1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:26 pm

    I think what you are doing is something really special and important for so many! Life begins at conception and to lose a life too early or unexpectedly is something that hurts and is hard to understand. I hope the ladies in your church were able to participate with you! Greetings from Ecuador!

    ReplyDelete