19.12.13

Mum

Yesterday was my Mum's 69th birthday. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to be celebrating her birthday (at home). Last year, Mum was taken suddenly very ill, and we were told by medical staff to prepare ourselves for the worst.
On her birthday we went to the hospital and watched as she slowly opened her gifts with practically no interest at all. She had been nil by mouth for 5 weeks and so there was no cake to celebrate the passing of another year.
The Consultant at the hospital says that my Mum is a miracle case, and by rights shouldn't be here at all. She doesn't like to hear that, but it reminds us of how lucky she/we are.


Mum in the blue dress (in the 1960's) with my Grandparents and my Aunt.



On her wedding day to my Dad, September 1968



The house we lived in as I was growing up.



Mum in Spain in the early 1980s



With Oscar on his 3rd birthday, she missed his 4th birthday, she was still in hospital in February.



Yesterday on her birthday (the only photo I got before the phone camera died).



Happy Birthday Mum
Valerie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment