29.11.11

Still Making Christmas

I suspect that my slow start will see me 'making Christmas' right up until Christmas Eve, but hey it wouldn't be Christmas without a good dollop of anxiety right? I have a whole cupboard filled with materials for things yet to be made, and I don't mind admitting its a daunting prospect.


Off the pins over the last couple of days have been these,


Knits 002


The Pickles Plain Vest knitted with Chunky Knitting Yarn 100% wool, in 'Burnt Orange'


And


Knits 003


The Snappy Hat knitted in Merino/cashmere mix, 'Mid Grey'.


I have to admit I like the mixed wool so much better, its much softer and nicer to knit with. The wrist-warmers I made up myself using a 4 cable stitch (I think they were size 6mm needles, and 30sts, increasing every 4th st after band for cable).


I have also managed to pick up a bargain at the charity shop.


Knits 007


A Gainsborough Bone China Tea Set. I have a craft idea in mind for this, which I will show you when I find the time to do it (eek, not panicking at all).


What have you guys been making? Are you keeping up with it?


Valerie


xxx


Footer_banner



No comments:

Post a Comment